Location Recce

 As I am choosing idea number 1 for the advertisement that I will be creating, I will need to ensure that the location that I am considering shooting in is appropriate and safe to film in for myself and others involved in the creation of the advertisement


LOCATION 1: CRUCIBLE PARK


The first location that I am considering shooting my advertisement in is 'Crucible Park.' Crucible Park is local to my school and does not take long to travel to and back from. Crucible Park has two playgrounds inside of it, so it could be used for mise-en-scene to show that the characters getting bored of the facilities around them wishing there was just something to do. This could show the audience that despite the various amounts of activities to do in the park, it is helpless in curing their boredom. 

Due to the spread of COVID-19, I will need to ensure that the area is hygienically safe and does not infect any of the people working on the advertisement. Crucible park has many patches of grass, meaning actors (that will have to be ranging from 2-3 other people working on my advertisement with me) can spread out and socially distance from each other. 

However, with the facilities that the parks have, many other people have used the equipment before us, so it would take time to disinfect things such as the: swings and the slides so it is safe to use.

 

LOCATION 2: CHADWELL HEATH ACADEMY 






Another location that I could film inside of is inside of my school: Chadwell Heath Academy. Chadwell Heath Academy has multiple areas that I can film inside of such as: someone walking outside of the school gates to head to the park so that they can have something to do. I would also not have to bring the equipment far, so it would not take long to carry. 

We also know the location relatively well as we attend the school and we know where would be the best to film and what times that areas would be completely empty/ there will be no students on campus.

However, since currently live in a world where COVID-19 is still predominant, we will still need to take precautions. Since we are only filming outside of the school gates, I believe that we will not have to disinfect any areas as we will not be opening and shutting anything- we would only have to wash our hands  multiple times with soapy water, and ensure that we are all  socially distancing whilst filming. 

LOCATION 3: ST CHAD'S PARK



For the third location that I am considering shooting in is: St Chad's Park. St Chad's Park is a large area, with plenty of places to shoot and film in if I had decided I did not like a certain section/shot I had filmed in, so I could move to a different area and film it again. Due to the large amount of space, it is also out of the way from people so  that we can keep our distance and people won't be interfering in our shots.

St Chad's Park also has plenty of different playground falicites that we can film in, and because of this it would easy to occupy a space on one of the equipment's before anyone else. However though, since St Chad's park is a popular location we would need to think of a good time to start our filming in where no-one else is in the park.

We would also need to ensure that everything is disinfected before we use the equipment, as a lot of people have been using it before us. We would have to ensure that we have used hand sanitizers before touching any of the equipment and make sure we are not next to anyone whilst filming. 

LOCATION 4: At Home
For my fourth, and final location that I an contemplating on filming in is my own house. Instead of walking  out of the school, where I would have to plan a time when no-one is outside of the school, I could film inside of my house at any times as it is only my family and I.

I also have many different types of equipment at my own house, so I wouldn't have to buy any new equipments whereas I would at the school.

It is also only me that is going to be touching the equipment in my home, so I know that it is safe to use but also un-infect areas just in case 


Comments