Responding to the Client Brief



Explanation of demographics
  • Based on the information that was given to me about the target audience of Cadbury's relaunch of their brands, I believe that their target audience will be returning/old customers who had fond memories with their old products or just liked their old products. Their target audience could be young children as well due to mostly a lot of younger children loving sweets and chocolate.
  • I will include images of the old chocolate packaging next to a picture of the relaunched brand to show how we've changed the product such as making them  bigger in size (ex.  Monster Munch made their packaging bigger from when they used to original sell them) and  show purple,brown and gold colors to stick to Cadbury's color pallet that they originally have on each on their chocolate brands.
For example:



  • The advantages of targeting this audience for the relaunch of the Cadbury's brands is that older customers would have more memories with these products and would be more willing to buy them as they perhaps enjoyed them when they were launched and they would be willing to buy them again if they were relaunched again. 
  •  I believe the challenges in making my advertising campaign for this audience will be fully convincing them why they should buy the relaunched products. Some people may not be fully moved if the products were just simply relaunched. I will need to convince them why they should buy the relaunched product and what has changed about that. (ex. the product is bigger in size or there's a deal such as them being sold for half price.)


Conventions

  • The advertising conventions that I will have to include in my work are:
  1. The release date of the relaunched products.-This is used so that customers have a clear idea when the relaunched product will be released and when to go out and buy the products.
  2. Persuasive/Eye Catching Text/Images- This is used to make the product want to buy the product. Eye-catching images will be used to persuade people to want the chocolate and show them how delicious each of their chocolates are and perk the viewer's interest. 
  3. Genre of the brand reflected in text/color/font/images This shows what the advert is marketing and what they want you to feel whilst viewing their advertisement. For example, with Dairy Milk's curvy font type they may want you to feel relaxed whilst seeing the chocolate or eating it.
  4. (Possibly) Reviews -Reviews are important to selling the  product as they have the ability to enhance merchant creditably. According to research, customers are likely to spend 31% more on a business with excellent reviews.
  5. Image of the brand logo. This is to create brand awareness and show the viewer what brand is being marketed. Brand loyal customers may be interested in this as they usually buy their products and would possibly want to try the relaunched ones because they perhaps like their other chocolates.

Industry requirements
  • Confectionery and the company I am working for is Cadbury's
  • Confectionery is the art of making confections , which are food items that are rich in sugar and carbohydrates.

Advantages

  • Lots of budget 
  • Well known to have big and famous advertising campaigns
  • Part of a large conglomerate company so if the campaign  goes wrong there we can resort to an easy backup.

Disadvantages:

  • Might have a very set idea, and want a lot of control over the rep in the campaign.
  • Probably long working hours for the campaign.
  • Considering my marketing campaign, I must follow the ASA guidelines. Examples of regulatory rules I must follow are: 
  1.  Misleading Advertising- I must ensure that I don't mislead the audience with my product such as: Advertising the re-leased chocolate bigger than it is in reality.
  • The Institutional Information about my company I will include in the advert will be:
  1. The company/brand name.
  2. What the brand sells.
  3. Contact information of the brand
  4. Possible social media pages.
Medium
  • I am  working for Cadbury's Chocolate in the Confectionery industry.
  • The text I am producing is for the food/sweets company for Cadbury's Chocolate
  • Food/Sweet Genre.

I am working in the medium of television and I am making a Television advertisement that is going to to be around 30 seconds long advertising the relaunch of Wispa chocolate bars but with special offers and deals. 

I am also going to be making a radio advertisement voicing over and announcing the relaunch of the product. The advertisement will be around 30 seconds long just like the TV advertisement but will however cut down the information that is in the TV advertisement as the TV advertisement depends on visuals to tell the story whilst the radio advertisement will depend on voice alone.



My Prior Experience 

Before working at Cadbury's, I have not made an official radio show or television programme but however have made an opening to a documentary studying and analysing the impacts and effects of social media whilst studying GCSE Media at Secondary School. Because of this opportunity, I have been able to have more experience with editing videos and handling professional and expensive equipment-therefore, since I have used this type of equipment and  familiar software I will be easily able to use and navigate around it without any issues. However, I have had no experience working on a Radio advertisement so I may need assistance on that area. Despite not working on a Radio advertisement before, I have studied 'The Archers' in GCSE Media so I know how a Radio programme plays out.

Comments